Tuesday, March 3, 2009

trip highlights


  • gave an anarchist and a quaker a ride to olympia and portland, respectively.
  • the quaker asked me if "being married changed my outlook on dating or relationships?" i explained "no, i am just as sappy, stupid and trusting about these things as i always was and i continue to take everything that everyone says to me at face value" just kidding.
  • beat james woodhead at scrabble.
  • realized i left my photo card in my computer and bought a new one for $7.
  • rode I-84, stopping at every state park that didn't have a fee.
  • visited multomah falls. took generic pictures.
  • entered mt. hood national forest. pulled off to try out the snowshoes.
  • locked my keys in my trunk.
  • tried desperately to get my dying phone to work, eventually walking into the middle of a snowy pasture where i intermittently got 1-2 bars.
  • eventually got ahold of roadside assistance.
  • waited two hours
  • tried to remember my boy scout survival training from 16 years ago; started considering which arm i should eat first.
  • it started to get cloudy.
  • it started to snow.
  • tow truck guy shows up.
  • more showshoeing.
  • ate dinner at microbrew in hood river.
  • went to aunt debbie's in portland.
  • told her i just wanted to rest and drive home that night. fell asleep 15 minutes later.
  • woke up 10 hours later.
  • drove home