Monday, December 15, 2008

los campesinos!

seriously - best band ever. they sound like a whimsical, circusesqe trip through an emotional hell. the lyrics are sharp, whitty and manage to succeed at making you actually sting without making physical contact, thereby exacting songs that leave you with a bitterly hopeful outlook. examples:

- "Oh, we kid ourselves, there's future in the fucking. But there is no fucking future"
- "Think it's fair to say that I chose hopelessness And inflicted it on the rest of us. But at least I came to terms with my own mortality"
- "When you play pass the parcel with human bodyparts, Somebody might get head but someone will get hurt"
- "And it's your party but I'll die if I want to, die if I want to"
- "This is how you spell 'HAHAHA, I've destroyed the hopes and the dreams of a generation of faux-romantics'."